List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Disabling Oxygen's window dragging for specific QWidgets?
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-05-17 15:34:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

@all: please keep the emotions out of this thread and be constructive. I offered a possible
solution for the "problem" yesterday and nobody seems to be interested in actually improving
the situation, instead it seems like some serious discussion for the sake of discussion is
going on. This is really discouraging and I want everyone to start being constructive again!

Please remember that the personal opinion on this feature is very much irrelevant. We do not
vote for features! This means it is completely irrelevant if you like it, if you cannot use it
because of disabilities (yes that's bad, but a19y needs to be improved in a better way than
turning off features) or the number of users reporting bugs (yes it also hit KWin with bug
reports, but they are so less, that it is clearly *not* an issue).

Now as there has been written so much about "breaking" code. Sorry, if it is not clear: it is
totally acceptable and common practice that the workspace "breaks" code. A good example
for that is actually the focus stealing prevention and many more features in KWin.

If you disagree that Oxygen should enable such a "break" code feature by default, you
should contact the relevant maintainers about it (Nuno for Oxygen design, Hugo for Oxygen
implementation and maybe me for overall interaction with windows part) or in a last resort the
workspace coordinator  (I think it's Aaron). Discussion on this list will *not* result in any
outcome except frustration on both sides. If you want to continue the discussion in a
constructive manner, please take it to the relevant mailinglists - kde-devel clearly isn't it.

Cheers
Martin

P.S. I'm surprised that this whole issue comes up after it has been in trunk for about two
years.