List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail
From:       Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-24 23:47:11

Anthony Gabrielson <agabrielson1@comcast.net> writes:

> I would like to try to add a few features to kmail and I'm hoping for a little bit \
> of a push in the right direction.  I'm working on a Fedora 14 box so it would \
> appear that I should start with kdepimlibs-4.6.2-1 src rpm.  So with that said I \
> here are my questions:  1) Where is kmail?  I see everything except kmail.

It's in kdepim, not kdepimlibs.

> 	2) Are KDE apps built like Qt apps?

If you mean specifically the buildsystem, no. We use CMake instead of
qmake.

> 	3) Any other words of advice to someone new to developing KDE apps?

I suggest taking a look at TechBase for more information on how KDE
development works:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Software_Engineering_Framework and
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute, for example.

For KMail in specific, getting in contact with the other kdepim
developers (via IRC and mailing lists) is highly recommended.