Anthony Gabrielson writes: > I would like to try to add a few features to kmail and I'm hoping for a little bit of a push in the right direction. I'm working on a Fedora 14 box so it would appear that I should start with kdepimlibs-4.6.2-1 src rpm. So with that said I here are my questions: > 1) Where is kmail? I see everything except kmail. It's in kdepim, not kdepimlibs. > 2) Are KDE apps built like Qt apps? If you mean specifically the buildsystem, no. We use CMake instead of qmake. > 3) Any other words of advice to someone new to developing KDE apps? I suggest taking a look at TechBase for more information on how KDE development works: http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Software_Engineering_Framework and http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute, for example. For KMail in specific, getting in contact with the other kdepim developers (via IRC and mailing lists) is highly recommended. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<