List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Activity Awareness for "Places" sidebar?
From:       Jeffery MacEachern <j.maceachern () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-02 11:04:19

Hey all,

I'm curious - has anyone considered (or worked on) adding support for
activity-specific Places in the file management sidebars?  I find it
quite handy to stick a few common folders in the Places sidebar, but
there is limited room, especially in the file dialogs.  It would be
nice if my "School" activity could automatically show the folders for
my coursework in the Places sidebars, for example, while not showing
them when I've switched to an activity in which they are not relevant.
 Any thoughts?  How complicated would implementing this be?

Cheers,
 - Jeffery MacEachern