List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to use KCompletion
From:       Robert Riemann <robert.riemann () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2010-07-27 0:13:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 00:48:52 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On July 25, 2010, Robert Riemann wrote:
> > I have a KLineEdit which is used to get the users Youtube query.
>
> the easy way is to use KHistoryComboBox. yes, it's a non-obvious name for a
> widget that does what it does, but you should be able to use
> setHistoryItems(const QStringList &historyItems) to provide your
> completable list to the user.
>
> documentation is here:
>
> http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/classKHistoryComboBox.html

This comes a little bit late. Anyway thank you for pointing me to that class.
I am using it alreay and it works really nice.

I took a look and try to find out how konquerors google bar works.
I found a lot of bugs - not in code, but while looking how konquerors search
bar behaves:

- konqueror combobox has tabs disabled
- klicking on a suggestion opens a new section of suggestions. Doing that 3
times in the same CompletionBox rusults in a crash (as konqi doesn't show up I
am not able to deliver a backtrace)
- konquerer doesn't use KLineEdit::userTextChanged, but ::textChanged which
is probably wrong

Further I expect userTextChanged not to drop signals when tabbing in my
KCompletionBox, but it does. Looks like a bug in KLineEdit to me.

I am using KDE 4.5 from openuse build service.