List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to use KCompletion
From:       "David Jarvie" <djarvie () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-07-27 13:27:14

On Tue, July 27, 2010 1:13 am, Robert Riemann wrote:
> I took a look and try to find out how konquerors google bar works.
> I found a lot of bugs - not in code, but while looking how konquerors
> search
> bar behaves:
>
> - konqueror combobox has tabs disabled
> - klicking on a suggestion opens a new section of suggestions. Doing that
> 3
> times in the same CompletionBox rusults in a crash (as konqi doesn't show
> up I
> am not able to deliver a backtrace)
> - konquerer doesn't use KLineEdit::userTextChanged, but ::textChanged
> which
> is probably wrong
>
> Further I expect userTextChanged not to drop signals when tabbing in my
> KCompletionBox, but it does. Looks like a bug in KLineEdit to me.

If you are able to provide patches to fix these issues in Konqueror, that
would be great. Otherwise, please raise the issues as bug reports at
bugs.kde.org. If they are only mentioned on this mailing list, they might
easily be overlooked by the people who need to know, or forgotten about.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.