List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New Compression System
From:       Arno Rehn <kde-devel () arnorehn ! de>
Date:       2010-03-25 16:44:58

On Thursday 25 March 2010 17:00:31 Charles Wehner wrote:
> By the way, since registering I am now being spammed by hollowheads at KDE.
Interesting. Well, if we're all hollowheads and you consider our communication
"spam", I really don't see why I should care for your new compression system.
You registered with this mailing list and so you agreed to receive our "spam".
If you don't want it, unregister. Thanks.

> I repeat what I was saying, because I cannot say it better. I need the
> "shell" into which to plug my machine code.
http://techbase.kde.org/Welcome_to_KDE_TechBase . Go read. KDE is open-source,
there's plenty of documentation. Since you have studied programming languages,
I expect you to be able to read.

> I am not a beginner. Time DOES matter. I am busy with other important work.
> The benefits are shown on http://wehner.org/compress . A small poster took
> 1500 bytes as compared with 2130 on GIF. It gets better by LEAPS AND BOUNDS
> (exponentially), unlike GIF. It has 16 million colours, unlike GIF.
As Cyrille has already pointed out, gif is no good reference anymore.

> I find Microsoft "Windows" too unstable - particularly VISTA. So MS comes
> last in my list of priorities.
Still you want to "deliver DLLs", have screenshots of DOS boxes on your
homepage and you're registered at hotmail.

> I had Kernigan and Richie's C. I have studied C, and many, many other
> languages.
vs.
> However, The "learning curve" to find out how (1) to allocate memory
> ("MALLOC") [...] is too long
Just wanted to constrast that.

I smell trolls. I'm out.

--