List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New Compression System
From:       John Tapsell <johnflux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-25 16:11:33

On 26 March 2010 01:00, Charles Wehner <charleswehner@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I am not a beginner. Time DOES matter. I am busy with other important work.
> The benefits are shown on http://wehner.org/compress . A small poster took
> 1500 bytes as compared with 2130 on GIF.

How was this found out?  I can't make heads-nor-tails of your website.
 Do you have an actual implementation then?

> I had Kernigan and Richie's C. I have studied C, and many, many other
> languages.
> I repeat what I was saying, because I cannot say it better. I need the
> "shell" into which to plug my machine code.

You don't need machine code.  You don't need a gui, or anything else.
You need an implementation written in c++, python, or whatever, that
simply takes a file and outputs the compressed format.  Then we can
compare the algorithm against real photos and see how it performs.

> Thanks again for your sensible reply, but please look at the page I quoted.
> It shows that the system has actually been researched and written up in the
> most entertaining and clear way I, as a long-in-the-tooth techincal author
> can manage.

A few lines of code are worth million lines of text.

John