List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: New Compression System
From:       Charles Wehner <charleswehner () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-25 16:00:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks for your reply.

I am not a beginner. Time DOES matter. I am busy with other important work. The \
benefits are shown on http://wehner.org/compress . A small poster took 1500 bytes as \
compared with 2130 on GIF. It gets better by LEAPS AND BOUNDS (exponentially), unlike \
GIF. It has 16 million colours, unlike GIF.

I had Kernigan and Richie's C. I have studied C, and many, many other languages.

I repeat what I was saying, because I cannot say it better. I need the "shell" into \
which to plug my machine code.

By the way, since registering I am now being spammed by hollowheads at KDE.

Thanks again for your sensible reply, but please look at the page I quoted. It shows \
that the system has actually been researched and written up in the most entertaining \
and clear way I, as a long-in-the-tooth techincal author can manage.

Regards

Charles Douglas Wehner

> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 00:26:18 +0900
> Subject: Re: New Compression System
> From: johnflux@gmail.com
> To: kde-devel@kde.org
>
> On 24 March 2010 23:52, Charles Wehner <charleswehner@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I devised a new compression system:
>
> Just to be clear, you haven't actually implemented this yet?
> Maybe grab a book on c++ or python and have a go at it. Time doesn't
> matter, the point is to get a base implementation and get some real
> numbers on how much benefit your algorithm gives.
>
> John

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1003xIE82_WW
Damit Privates privat bleibt! Internet Explorer 8!