List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Interpretation of the soft feature freeze
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-25 14:26:20

Op Wednesday 25 November 2009 15:00 schreef u:
> Hi,
>
> there is a class in libkdegames called KGamePopupItem. It's a QGraphicsItem
> that (among other behavior) renders painter paths and such. It was probably
> written in the time before QGraphicsPathItem was introduced, I do not know
> that.
>
> The point is: Am I allowed to rewrite the rendering parts of this class to use
> QGraphicsPathItem instead? This would be no change in public API. I'm unsure
> whether such portage is considered a feature in the sense that it is
> disallowed by the soft feature freeze. (Everything would of course happen
> before the hard feature freeze.)
>
> Greetings
> Stefan

Hi,

If you want to do it before the hard feature freeze you have only 10 hours left. ;-)

Tomorrow the beta1 will be tagged. To give the users a proper thing to test, it would \
not be wise to do major rewrites on something, because it can not be tested by the \
users.

But you and/or the games module coordinator should take the decision about this. If \
the change is relatively safe and straightforward you can do it of course, if it is \
intrusive and needs testing to catch regressions I'ld say wait for 4.5, it's only 6 \
months away ;-).

Best,

Toma