List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Interpretation of the soft feature freeze
From:       Stefan Majewsky <majewsky () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-11-25 14:00:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

there is a class in libkdegames called KGamePopupItem. It's a QGraphicsItem
that (among other behavior) renders painter paths and such. It was probably
written in the time before QGraphicsPathItem was introduced, I do not know
that.

The point is: Am I allowed to rewrite the rendering parts of this class to use
QGraphicsPathItem instead? This would be no change in public API. I'm unsure
whether such portage is considered a feature in the sense that it is
disallowed by the soft feature freeze. (Everything would of course happen
before the hard feature freeze.)

Greetings
Stefan