--nextPart1498243.tUPaMI0Mnf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Op Wednesday 25 November 2009 15:00 schreef u: > Hi, > > there is a class in libkdegames called KGamePopupItem. It's a QGraphicsItem > that (among other behavior) renders painter paths and such. It was probably > written in the time before QGraphicsPathItem was introduced, I do not know > that. > > The point is: Am I allowed to rewrite the rendering parts of this class to use > QGraphicsPathItem instead? This would be no change in public API. I'm unsure > whether such portage is considered a feature in the sense that it is > disallowed by the soft feature freeze. (Everything would of course happen > before the hard feature freeze.) > > Greetings > Stefan Hi, If you want to do it before the hard feature freeze you have only 10 hours left. ;-) Tomorrow the beta1 will be tagged. To give the users a proper thing to test, it would not be wise to do major rewrites on something, because it can not be tested by the users. But you and/or the games module coordinator should take the decision about this. If the change is relatively safe and straightforward you can do it of course, if it is intrusive and needs testing to catch regressions I'ld say wait for 4.5, it's only 6 months away ;-). Best, Toma --nextPart1498243.tUPaMI0Mnf Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << --nextPart1498243.tUPaMI0Mnf--