List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Volunteering to port Kooka to KDE4
From:       Tony Brown <bonybrown () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-18 22:28:07

Well just one more user use case for you...
I often have mutiple pages that I wish to convert into a multiple page
pdf file. I don't have an auto-document feeder, just a flatbed
scanner. It seems that emailing scanned pages in a pdf file has become
the new "fax machine"
The current workflow is...
1. scan each page with skanlite to jpeg ( skanlite doesn't support
save as tiff, IIRC )]
2. convert each page file from jpg to tiff ( using imagemagick )
3. join each page tiff file into a single multi-page tiff (tiffcp)
4. convert that into a pdf ( tiff2pdf )
...which all requires a bit of knowledge about the commands required.
An app that automates that in a way that a noivce could use would be
more than great!

Regards
Tony