List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Volunteering to port Kooka to KDE4
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () iki ! fi>
Date:       2009-10-18 19:26:10

Hi,

I'm happy to see that there is interest in the image scanning area :)

On Friday 16 October 2009 23:24:13 John Layt wrote:
> On Friday 16 October 2009 20:49:39 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > * batch processing
>
> Big +1 from me on that, especially allow for the setting of different scan
> settings for each selected scan region, it's what annoys me most about
>  xsanes batch mode.
With Skanlite it should already be possible to scan from a document feeder and
auto-generate a name for each image (I do not own a scanner with an ADF), but
from this "settings for each selected scan region" I sounds like something
more advanced... I would be happy to hear more about what you need. The coding
sprint in November could be a good time for new features ;)

> P.S. a quick look at websvn shows libksane is under active development, so
> drop Kare Sars a line to discuss.
Yep, my main target is to concentrate om making libksane as useful as
possible, so that somebody else could make a Swiss-knife application that uses
libksane for the scanning. All API/GUI comments/requests are welcome.

--
Kåre Särs