List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to configure konqueror to show KB and MB instead of KiB and
From:       Michael Howell <mhowell123 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-12 4:18:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 09 July 2009 12:18:14 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> You're aware that this is what Michael (Pyne) is after all over the time?!
Please tell me. What are we arguing about, if we all agree with that patch?

> ps:
> it's "IEC", the EIC (East India Company) would certainly be in favor of
> both: imperial and JEDEC suffixes (KB rather than kB, has issues with MB,
> GB. etc. - i know)
Sorry. Will try to stay correct. It's IEC, IEC, IEC, IEC.

> - i'd be perfectly fine with kB (10^3) either, but...
> - ..i  strongly object KB, and unfortunately MB, GB, TB (if we ever wanted
> to support 10^k we needed to stress that MUCH more)
Okay. So you're proposing that the patch be modified to provide the following.
1) IEC KiB (default)
2) IEC kB
3) Traditional KB

--
Please don't send HTML mail. If you forward mail, please remove the garbage.
Thanks!

Michael Howell
mhowell123@gmail.com