List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to configure konqueror to show KB and MB instead of KiB and
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-07-09 1:12:45

Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 July 2009 12:06:02 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Keep in mind you're talking
>> about a company based in the country that still uses the bloody
>> *imperial* measurement system; adjust your expectations accordingly.)
>
> So your implication that Americans in general are stupid is supposed to adjust
> my expectations how?  Besides which I was under the impression that even
> Microsoft supported metric units in their localized (and even US) versions of
> their software.

So, what I was trying to say, and couldn't think of how to say until
(naturally) the instant I hit "send", is:

M$ is going to be the last to change (just like we-as-in-the-usa are
still on that ridiculous measurement system). If everyone had the
attitude that they won't switch to something better "because everyone
else is doing it the old way", most of the world would still use imperial.

IOW, don't expect the stubborn people to be the first to change, and
don't hold back progress for the sake of said stubborn people
(Americans, M$...). That's a recipe for going nowhere.

(Oh, and... implication? I thought I was stating a fact ;-). /me is
born-raised-and-living in USA, btw.)

--
Matthew
.sig omitted due to budget cuts.