List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to configure konqueror to show KB and MB instead of KiB and
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-07-09 1:02:54

Michael Pyne wrote:
> It's not just Microsoft, it's *everyone* with the exception of some open-
> source software.  Which, as I've said, is fine.  But a KB is a KB is a KiB is

You forgot "misrepresented as" in that sentence ;-).

> 1024 bytes, until some point in the future when it's not in common usage
> anymore and SI can take it back.

...and why do you object so strongly to that change in usage starting
with KDE? It has to start /somewhere/, after all.

>> Keep in mind you're talking
>> about a company based in the country that still uses the bloody
>> *imperial* measurement system; adjust your expectations accordingly.)
>
> So your implication that Americans in general are stupid is supposed to adjust
> my expectations how?

IOW, they're going to continue to be backwards. This is not, in my book,
good reason that they shouldn't be dragged kicking and screaming into at
least the 20th century, if not this one.

--
Matthew
.sig omitted due to budget cuts.