List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: removing Eigen from kdesupport?
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-22 19:33:20

Op Sunday 21 June 2009 18:08 schreef u:
> As you may remember, Eigen development is no longer happening in kdesupport [1].
> My question is: do you want me to make these changes NOW ? (That
> means, besides removing kdesupport/eigen2, updating all the CMakeLists
> messages to point to Eigen 2.0.3 instead of kdesupport).
>
> Or should I wait a couple of weeks so hopefully distros make packages
> of Eigen 2.0.3 making it easier to build KDE when it depends on Eigen
> 2.0.3 ?

I'm sure there was an article on techbase about new dependencies for KDE, but I can't \
seem to find it (which is quite normal for me on wiki's).

Anyhow, in this case, I would like to propose to remove it as soon as we branch 4.3, \
which happens at RC1 tagging.

Just make sure that the CMake files of KDE 4.3.0 we will ship require the correct \
version of Eigen so distro's see a fail.

Toma
--
KDE Developer