List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem with QT designer Qt3 -> Qt4
From:       Robin Atwood <robin () binro ! org>
Date:       2009-06-23 12:14:57

I have just started converting the KDE3 apps I wrote to KDE4, the sudden
impetus being the excellent am2cmake utility I just found: very useful, good
work! Now brace yourselves for lots of dumb questions.

I have a little dialog I created with Qt Designer and opened the old ui file
with the new designer and saved it. When I ran the make I get an error:

error: ‘class Renice' has no member named ‘exec'

Looking at the new ui file it starts:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ui version="4.0">
 <class>ReniceUI</class>
 <widget class="QDialog" name="ReniceUI">

which I expected but looking at Ui_ReniceUI.h I see:

class Ui_ReniceUI
{
public:
    void setupUi(QDialog *ReniceUI)
    {

This seems to be quite different from QT3 generated code but shouldn't
Ui_ReniceUI at least be inheriting QDialog?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling