List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: finding the unloved
From:       RalfGesellensetter <rgx () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-06-18 18:13:27

On Samstag 06 Juni 2009 19:36:36 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Please let me know here or offlist.

Dear Lydia, thanks for your idea.

There is an increasing amount of schools switching to free software, i.e.
GNU/Linux - or at least Openoffice, and KDE educational Applications.

Debian Edu e.g. uses KDE as default Desktop environment.

In this area, two topics come into my mind:

1. Keduca
2. Kiosk tools to make the desktop more apt for pupils.

In the end, I believe that educational institutions (e.g. highschools) can
contribute more KDE developers -- individuals and student groups.

Regards
Ralf