List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE Development with Mono/C#
From:       Matthias Burtscher <matthias.burtscher () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-11-30 14:20:47

Hello out there!

Yesterday I had the pleasure to listen to speech on KDE4 (especially KDE
4.2 and future) again and I really like it. I think that KDE has much
more potential to be the one future desktop on Linux. I'm saying this
although I'm using Gnome (Ubuntu) mostly.

But I am wondering why there is no approach to bring new technologies
like Mono into KDE. I think it would be a much more developer friendly
and also faster and cleaner way to build applications. And I think that
most of you - who know the concept behind Mono/.Net - agree with this.

I know that there are QT bindings (Qyoto) for Mono/.Net, but I miss
bindings/libraries for the KDE core. There isn't even any page on the
KDE website which covers the topic of developing for KDE on Mono basis.

Since I'm not the guru who has the know-how to create these libraries
and bindings, I just want to know if there is any approach on providing
such things or not.

Best regards,
Matthias