List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Folder previes in Dolphin
From:       "Jesse L. Zamora" <xtremek2008 () aim ! com>
Date:       2008-11-16 1:53:29

On Saturday 15 November 2008 20:45:14 Guillaume Pothier wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Jesse L. Zamora <xtremek2008@aim.com>
wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have been wanting a feature in Dolphin for a long time: Folder
> > Previews. I would like to add such functionality to Dolphin.........it
> > would look kinda like in the screenshot. I think it would be quite useful
> > so you don't have to go INTO a folder in order to get an idea of what it
> > contains. Comments or suggestions are welcome!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Xtreme Kommander
>
> Hey, that would be really great!

> >> unsubscribe <<

After looking at the Dolphin source code, and I found that in fact it is KIO
that creates all the file previews. So, I guess if I added it to KIO then
EVERYTHING would have it! :-) Including Konqueror, Dolphin, KFileDialog, and
anything else that uses KIO to display file icons. That would be pretty nice!

Xtreme Kommander