List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Guidance porting to KDE 4
From:       "Guillaume Pothier" <gpothier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-16 2:00:51

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Nicolas Ternisien
<nicolas.ternisien@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Port main applications to KDE 4 (in my point of view, in the
> following priority order : userconfig, serviceconfig, mountconfig,
> displayconfig and wineconfig)

Hi Nicolas, I just want to make sure you are aware that there is a new
library, named Kephal, to handle display configuration. So I guess the
displayconfig application should be using it. There is also a plasma
applet in Kephal to change the screen configuration, but I'm not
really convinced an applet is the best way to configure the screens,
so a KCModule would be more than welcome. But maybe they can share
some code?
Cheers,