List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror Future
From:       "Paulo J. Matos" <pocm () soton ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2008-10-17 14:18:01

Hi all,

I am using Konqueror from KDE 4.1.2 and although I really like the
browser it is hard for me to use it as the sole browser on my system.
Things that annoy me are:
 - Lack of extensions / plugins;
 - Lack of support for many webpages (ex:
http://community.eu.playstation.com Playstation Forums)

Now, these are specially annoying when you do need to access the pages.
The first one is hard to tackle given the amount of users of firefox for
example, and with the firefox port to QT, things might get tricky for
Konqueror. A way to go would be to implement the add-on interface of
firefox in konqueror so that you can use firefox plugins on konqueror.
Was this thought before and how hard is it?

Btw, any tips from 100% Konqueror users to users coming from firefox?

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS