List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-3.5.10+ FAM, INotify, DNotify
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-09-18 7:20:46

On 17.09.08 15:39:31, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> What is the status of file alteration monitoring in the KDE-3.5 BRANCH?
>
> The last release of FAM was 2.7.0 in +/- 11/2003.  I obtained a DNotify
> patch from a link at Linux From Scratch:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/downloads/6.1/fam-2.7.0-dnotify-1.patch
>
> After 6.1, BLFS replaced it with Gamin.
>
> I find that FAM will still compile with only minor tweaks to the Includes.

Gamin is a drop-in replacement for FAM, so it doesn't matter wether you
build kdelibs against fam or gamin, it'll still work when you replace it
with the other one. I'm not sure though what distro's build against by
default, but at least in debian I still have the option of installing
either fam or gamin.

Andreas

--
People are beginning to notice you.  Try dressing before you leave the house.