List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build instructions on KDE TechBase for 4.x release or BRANCH
From:       Benoît_Jacob <jacob () math ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2008-08-29 13:00:31

On Thursday 28 August 2008 23:06:42 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Ah, I think eigen is going away, but for 4.1 I think only eigen is
> wanted and eigen2 can be safely ignored for 4.1 (but best check with
> Benoît Jacob).

Yes:

KDE 4.1 does not need eigen2 (only eigen1). However, something just occured to
me: KOffice trunk uses eigen2 and wants to build against KDE 4.1 (for that
reason I was asked to backport FindEigen2.cmake to the 4.1 branch). So it is
probably more convenient if you can leave eigen2 in.

Indeed, Eigen1 should be gone by the time KDE 4.2 is released. We are
currently working on porting all existing Eigen1-based code throughout KDE
and its dependencies. Already /trunk/koffice, Avogadro (for Kalzium) and
KGLLib are ported.

Quoting James Richard Tyrer:
>Package: eigen-2.0-alpha7  Only an Alpha; doesn't sound good.

With 3 projects already ported to it, it is quickly maturing; we will release
a beta shortly and the final version later this autumn (definitely in 2008).

Cheers,
Benoit