List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build instructions on KDE TechBase for 4.x release or BRANCH
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-08-29 12:11:27

Dominik Haumann wrote:
> On Thursday 28 August 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Someone screwed up this Wiki page:
>>
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4.x#Required_packages_fr
>> om_your_distribution
>
> slightly ot, but: for KDE3 on developer.kde.org we had build instructions
> for every KDE3.x release. For KDE4 we don't have that, i.e. if you want to
> build KDE 4.0 it's not really documented, or do I miss something? Imo this
> is really bad. A static page should exist.

Yes, I agree.  There are so many dependencies, recommended, and optional
packages for KDE that such a page is badly needed for the KDE-4.x.y
series.  The Wiki page is not a good substitute for it.  I wrote the
Wiki page because there was one for TRUNK and because there wasn't any
other source of information.

--
JRT