List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror to inform about hard links?
From:       macintoshzoom <macintoshzoom () lavabit ! com>
Date:       2008-08-29 7:08:20

Hi Branan,

I think yes it should be possible.
OpenBSD uses the feature of given several hardlinks to the same file
(package) when storing the packages it creates, to these folders:
/usr/ports/packages/i386/all
/usr/ports/packages/i386/ftp
/usr/ports/packages/i386/cdrom
and soemones replicted here:
/usr/ports/packages/i386/cache

This is going crazy to me.

I don't think it's not possible to know which one is the first/original
one. OpenBSD must know how to do it when it wants to do something with
those, deleting, updating, reinstalling (eventually with different
flavor-s), etc.

Did you look at man ln , I can't understand it properly.

Do you know how does manages this question other file managers?
Krusader, Thunar, Nautilus, rox, xfe?

If Unix can build hard links, it can also manage them, I imagine.

Mac.