List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker patches (was Patches and enhancements for KDE 3.5)
From:       Benoit Minisini <gambas () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-07-28 11:05:31

Hi,

I have committed my first little patch for KDE 3.5.10.

It just fixes the kweather transparency and closes the bug #146007.

If there is no objection, I will then start committing my kicker patches.

I will try to split them in two parts: the first one that will be bug fixes,
the second one that will be visual "enhancements" (for example: using themed
arrows everywhere, removing useless applet handle border...).

I have questions about my system tray fixes too:

I fixed it by forcing the embedded tray foreign window to have
a "ParentRelative" background pixmap, and to setting the embedder background
pixmap to the correct part of the kicker background pixmap.

Then there was many successive embedder hide() and show() in the code. I
removed them with no apparent visual change in tray icons, unless there is no
flicker anymore. I tried with tray icons coming from KDE apps, aMule, GTK+
apps, QT apps. Why these hide()/show()?

Regards,

--
Benoit Minisini