List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patches and enhancements for KDE 3.5
From:       Benoit Minisini <gambas () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-07-22 13:10:01

On mardi 22 juillet 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> i honestly think both patches are mistakes, but i've stopped maintaining
> kicker a while ago to concentrate on plasma.

As I said in my previous mail, I mainly did that for fun, and because I wanted
them.

After having looked at kicker applets code, I agree that plasma is the right
fix. :-)

But I can't use KDE 4 at the moment, and I don't have the time to deep into
KDE 4 development.

> if you'd like to take up maintainership of kicker, be my guest.

Why not?

I don't have a lot of time, but I have now another patch to fix the
transparency background of kweather applet (bug #146007).

I have fixed the "add applet" dialog too (the scrollview viewport was larger
than its contents), but it is some sort of horrible hack.

Maybe I will fix the transparency background problem of the media applet
too...

Regards,

--
Benoit Minisini