List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Raptor=Dolphin?
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-30 14:15:02

On Monday 30 June 2008, Kelly Miller wrote:
> On June 29, 2008 8:20:27 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Hi, Peter.  There was the possibility that raptor had been renamed, for
> > any reason, and I needed to rule that out.  I propose to say that it is
> > being developed as a third option, together with Dolphin and Classic.  I
> > haven't come across Lancelot :-) so maybe I should look that up too.
>
> I'm also working on one called PhoenixMenu (though I'm open to, uh, better
> names), which I'm basing on TastyMenu from KDE3... at least, when I'm not
> being a lazy coward...

oh, cool :)
i always thinked about resurrecting it, but waaay too lazy :D
put in in playground, it would be nice, really:)
oh, little advice: don't try too hard on porting code from the kde3 tasty
menu, that it's a bit ehm, terrible:) and way too dependent from kde3.
i think a way better start is kickoff, i think a tastymenu look and feel can
be obtained only by changing one single file, leaving all the rest absolutely
unchanged

Cheers,
Marco Martin