List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion about a project workflow system
From:       Nick Ogden <nick () nickogden ! net>
Date:       2008-06-30 16:19:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Is it out of the question for KDE to use Launchpad.net for bug/feature
> tracking. It does a lot of the tracking needed, and I think it's far
> easier to use than bugzilla (which I've found to be daunting).

The problem with launchpad is that it's a bit of a double edge sword.
Obviously it being a proprietary service is an issue, but at the same time the
main advantages of the way Launchpad works relies one everyone using the same
system and the only real way to enforce that is to keep it closed.

It's a shame really because I like the system personally and I think it has
some really good advantages but at the same time it sucks that it's closed
source.
--
Nick Ogden

Email: nick@nickogden.net    PGP: 2598FEE4