List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.1 rc1 issues
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-25 1:01:58

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 31 May 2008, Sami Liedes wrote:
>> 45. The task manager seems to take several seconds to react to
>>     changing desktops using ctrl-F[1234].
>
> several *seconds*? hm. what video card, version of x and what, if any,
> compositing effects do you have turned on?

For the record, I had the same problem... until I doubled the RAM in my
machine. Plasma does NOT play well with thrashing (nor does it play well
with memory usage in general, mine is sitting at >420 VM size and >100
MB X resources... and I'm fairly sure it leaks pixmaps).

--
Matthew
Anonymous: I want the following [software] features: