List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Color Palette Nits
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-24 20:16:39

Percy Camilo Triveņo Aucahuasi wrote:
> Maybe here the solution is draw the expanders with the oposite color of
> window background, but i don't know if kcolorutils have a luminance
> function, I think that have only luma fuction (perhaps luma function can
> solve the problem).

Aside from David's comment (which is right), what is "luminance"? :-)
KColorUtils::luma returns the 'apparent brightness' of a color (white is
1.0, black is 0.0, anything else is somewhere in-between). More
technically, it returns the Y' component of the color's H'C'Y'
colorspace representation.

The doc[1] should do a reasonable job explaining this; if not please let
me know so it can be improved.

1:
http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/namespaceKColorUtils.html

--
Matthew
Anonymous: I want the following [software] features: