List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: apologies
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-12 6:58:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Mark A. Taff wrote:
> of plasma get attacked by people like Aaron or Michael, it puts us on the

personally i'd appreciate you ceasing the libel. your definition of "attack"
and "bullying" or not only convenient to your position rather than accurate,
but fails to put any of the actions you are talking about into context.

non-personally, if you insist on continuing this commentary, please have the
decency to realize that it is off topic for this list and take it elsewhere.

>  he intimates that we are "just complaining without
> trying to understand the consequences of the new idea"

sometimes it's difficult to hear/read something like that, but it doesn't mean
they aren't right. in this case, the person was pretty close. i'm sure you
tried to understand the consequences, but the end result was confusingly
similar to not having put consideration into it.

for me, your knee jerk "nuh-uh!" reactions to things such as the above are
exactly what frustrated me so much in that conversation.

> we never said anyone was stupid, or that they
> spoke without thinking, or weren't capable of reading, or couldn't develop
> software, etc, etc.

let's keep it real, ok? here are some direct quotes:

"No, but you tend to be in denial about issues that need fixing"
"The consequences of current plasma are that the masses ... are being told by
the deeds of the Plasma developers to take long walk off a short pier."
"The Plasma devs need to realize that the Plasma desktop is problematic!"
"Now we have interface tyrants that want to force users"

so while i understand you're offended, concerned, etc, you are overstating your
case and that really can't be helping others take it seriously.

by the by, for everyone else still reading this set of threads: a couple
days ago i offered off-list to discuss Mark's issues with him in a more sensible
setting and to date i've received no response to that offer. make of that what
you will.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se