List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-10 23:38:23

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 09 June 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> There is a general complaint here.  Drag settings are not a substitute
>> for a spin box and/or a radio.
>
> and why exactly? if the answer is, "because i'd like to achieve certain well
> known 'good' sizes for icons" then the real answer is "then we provide
> 'sticky' points during resize that correspond to those points".

Some of us are just pixel-perfectionists that way :-). I'd bitch if kwin
dropped showing the window geometry as well. (In fact, I wouldn't mind
spinboxes to resize windows, though I understand that's a bit overkill
and so don't expect anyone to implement it.)

I was also going to mention something about exactly duplicating setups
but didn't think it would be that compelling, but Parker made the point
that is *is*... when you're trying to reproduce on the adjacent screen.

--
Matthew
This message will self destruct in five millennia.