List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       Gael Beaudoin <gaboo () gaboo ! org>
Date:       2008-06-10 8:50:35

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 06:09:45 Mark A. Taff wrote:

[ .. ]

> You have earned exactly that.  Calling your fellow developers, users, and
> contributors names, saying they are stupid, or incapable of understanding,
> or incompetent coders, or treating plasma as a gift from God beyond
> reproach, and generally insulting anyone who questions your position has
> earned you every bit of frustration you feel.

Sorry, but it's just *plain wrong*. It has to be said. And I won't get into
details.

> I used to be quite the fan of yours.  But lately all I see from you is vile
> hatred spewing forth at anyone with the temerity to question the merits of
> plasma.  I miss the nicer Aaron.

It's still there. Really. I'm more of a silent person that sits there and
listen and read everything. I'd like people to be half as patient and likely
to help and explain as the plasma team is.

> And here is what I find most telling Aaron: I haven't seen one person stand
> up and defend the way you treat your co-contributors.  The have certainly
> defended the merits of plasma, to their credit, but I don't think anyone
> here appreciates the way you call people names and such.
>
> (Please do speak up everyone if you approve of Aaron telling KDE
> contributors they are stupid -- let's get a roll call vote on this one.)
>
> --Mark

> >> unsubscribe <<

Let's get thing straight :

 * The plasma team is well aware of your concerns.
 * Please wait a little bit more while everyting is being done.
 * Please understand you are doing harm to the project by hurting people.

Just, pretty please, stop. Thank you.

Have a nice day.
Gaël