List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFilePlacesView
From:       Robert Knight <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-01 18:56:49

Hi Guillaume,

I think it is a good idea but unfortunately changing the base class of
KFilePlacesView will break binary compatbility.  You could move the
display, animation and drag-n-drop code into a helper class which is
used by KFilePlacesView and another new class which inherits from
KListView.

Regards,
Robert.