List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Extensions and Plugins
From:       Rafael =?utf-8?q?Fern=C3=A1ndez_L=C3=B3pez?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-18 22:35:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

> I personally don't see a need to force it to make it uniform. Just pick the
> one that fits best.

Not only for translation easiness, but because it would be great to use the
same term everywhere.

Is something like having a consistent look of applications. Those things are
important, the way we talk about our own features is important too.

As Pau said before, probably "Add-Ons" could work for every place: till now we
have three different "Plugins", "Extensions" and "Components".

Tom, I say this because I saw the corner case: on kate config dialog you can
see on the tree at the left: "Plugins" and "Extensions", both with the same
icon. I would love as user, see this unified.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.