List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde-devel Digest, Vol 61, Issue 36
From:       Mauricio Piacentini <piacentini () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-22 16:35:57

Thiago wrote:

 >>So, in the end, I can't come up with any valid mailing list to have a
 >>frank and open discussion.

"kde-quality - for all KDE contributors, being programmers, enthusiasts,
testers, writers, etc. who care for KDE. The discussion should focus on
the identification and implementation of means to improve the general
quality level of KDE applications, new contributors support, and
development tasks suggestions. "

Seems appropriate. Anyway, this is something to take into account for
next year, of course. I always considered SoC a subject that has to be
handled with care, as the injection of 3rd party $$ is something
delicate to handle in voluntary communities. Right now I propose we
focus on the good aspects of the SoC selection, like the fact that we
will have 47 new students sponsored to work with KDE, and celebrate the
huge work done by the mentors so far. Then, maybe a 2-3 day period for
cheering, we could start a thread to collect impressions and evaluate
what could be improved for next year, if anything.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini