List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Google Summer of Code Idea
From:       Matt Williams <matt () milliams ! com>
Date:       2008-03-21 15:23:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 21 March 2008 15:16:37 Daniel Bostwick wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I was hoping to get some feedback on a summer of code project idea.
>
> The Gobby open source project is a collaborative text editor. The project
> makes their framework available in through libobby.  I would like to make a
> katepart plugin that implements the libobby, allowing multi-user editing in
> kate and elsewhere.
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticism?
>
> Thank You!
> -Daniel Bostwick

I think it's a truly fantastic idea. Collaborative editing is something that
is wanted by so many people. However, I have heard word that there are some
people already working on a Qt/KDE obby implementation. Though perhaps it was
only pure Qt. I don't know since I've never been able to find out any more
information, so perhaps it's all hearsay. Does anyone know any more about it?

Regards,
Matt Williams