List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to spawn a konsole from another app?
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2008-03-07 10:53:29

I want to execute a bash script and display the results to the user. Since the
output is very heavily formated, executing the script
in "konsole --noclose ..." seems the most tidy solution. I currently just use
the system() function to do this and it works but the main application
freezes until the user closes the konsole. I think there must be a better KDE
way of doing this and I have found KProcess but that causes Konsole problems;
it does not provide the right environment. The error messages:

	konsole: WARNING: Unable to open a pseudo teletype!
	Uh oh.. can't get terminal attributes..

are produced. I only need a 'DontCare" mode of running. What is the best way
to do this?

TIA
-Robin