List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdetoys and kweather and sites outside england and US of A
From:       Stefan =?iso-8859-1?q?B=F6hmann?= <kde () hilefoks ! org>
Date:       2008-01-26 21:36:58

Am Samstag, 26. Januar 2008 20:44:23 schrieb Andreas Silberstorff:
> Is kdetoys a relict of kde3?  It is still in the main trunk.
In principle - yes.

> It provides kicker applets. As kde4 does not have a kicker anymore am I
> right to assume that the whole bunch of these applets are not compatible
> with kde4?
This applets are not compatible and not build by cmake. It seems kdetoys needs
a cleanup. But kdetoys has also some ported and maybe maintained applications
(like kteatime, amor, ktux, ...).

> I am asking this because the thing I am missing the most in kde4 is the
> weatherreport for berlin :-/
In playground is a weather applet for plasma but I didn't test it. Also I'm
not sure when it will be ready. But I'm sure testing is welcome.

- Stefan