List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KSettings::Dispatcher::registerComponent
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-26 16:20:35

Hello,

I just tried to get this function working - and finally found the problem.
 in the api-docs it says you can use it this way:
Dispatcher::registerComponent(componentData(), this, SLOT(loadSettings()));

but KSettings::Dispatcher uses QMetaObject::invokeMethod to call the slot, and invokeMethod
doesn't need the SLOT() macro - instead one should only use the method-name.

So, my solution was to use the function like this:
Dispatcher::registerComponent(componentData(), this, "loadSettings"));

I think either the documentation has to be corrected, or the way reparseConfiguration
calls the slot.

niko