Hello, I just tried to get this function working - and finally found the problem. in the api-docs it says you can use it this way: Dispatcher::registerComponent(componentData(), this, SLOT(loadSettings())); but KSettings::Dispatcher uses QMetaObject::invokeMethod to call the slot, and invokeMethod doesn't need the SLOT() macro - instead one should only use the method-name. So, my solution was to use the function like this: Dispatcher::registerComponent(componentData(), this, "loadSettings")); I think either the documentation has to be corrected, or the way reparseConfiguration calls the slot. niko >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<