List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma Icons on DeskTop (continued) [Rant]]
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-12-25 13:59:03

Tom Albers wrote:
>>> You want to delay the release because some icons are the wrong
>>> size?
>> No, we should delay the release because there are major problems
>> with the new desktop.  It is not about some icons, it is about the
>>  fact that the configuration system doesn't work.  This is ONLY ONE
>>  indication of the major problem that in general configuration in
>> Plasma has many issues.  Would it help if I listed some of them.
>
> Hi James,
>
> I've read your mail and do not consider it big enough to delay the
> release. The problems can be ironed out in the next couple of
> releases.

I really think that problems with the desktop and file management need
to be ironed out before the release.  With other things, you are
probably correct.

I could make a long list of other problems, but please at least look at
Bug 126823.  This seems to be a show stopper to me.

> You might not share my opninion, but that's your opinion and we have
>  heard it.

No problem.  I accept what you say at face value

> Please don't continue this -already- awkward discussion.

I will not reply further to anyone that is rude, probably a good policy
to apply in all cases.

--
JRT