List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror blocking due to NS Plugins
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-09-26 13:18:47

John Lat wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 September 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> The problem appears to have been a configuration issue.
>
> Or possibly a problem with the plugins themselves, by removing the plugin
> config files you may have disabled the plugin causing the problems.  For
> example, there have been recent issues with the latest version of the flash
> plugin that hogs the cpu.  Do all your plugins like flash and java still
> work?  Have you tried re-scanning for plugins to see if the problem returns?

Konqueror doesn't use the Java plug in.

But, yes you are correct.  Although the KCM listed *a* flash plugin, I
find that it was an older version hiding in my old (4.80) Netscape
installation which I haven't used for a long time.

I tried the old one again and PD's example works fine -- even the flash
works.

So, yes the problem appears to be the current Adobe Flash 9 plugin.  Do
we have a bug for this issue?

Perhaps we need a feature to start Flash only on request like the
Firefox plugin.

--
JRT