John Lat wrote: > On Wednesday 26 September 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote: >> The problem appears to have been a configuration issue. > > Or possibly a problem with the plugins themselves, by removing the plugin > config files you may have disabled the plugin causing the problems. For > example, there have been recent issues with the latest version of the flash > plugin that hogs the cpu. Do all your plugins like flash and java still > work? Have you tried re-scanning for plugins to see if the problem returns? Konqueror doesn't use the Java plug in. But, yes you are correct. Although the KCM listed *a* flash plugin, I find that it was an older version hiding in my old (4.80) Netscape installation which I haven't used for a long time. I tried the old one again and PD's example works fine -- even the flash works. So, yes the problem appears to be the current Adobe Flash 9 plugin. Do we have a bug for this issue? Perhaps we need a feature to start Flash only on request like the Firefox plugin. -- JRT >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<