List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KStatusBar::insertItem() ... not temporary label ?
From:       "dave selby" <dave6502 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-06 20:11:55

Hi all.

I am hacking on kcron and it appears that

KStatusBar::insertItem ie ...
statusBar()->insertItem(i18n("Ready."), statusMessage, 1);

operates as if it were

KStatusBar::insertPermanentItem

ie any attempt to later statusBar()->showMessage(text, 2000); is not
displayed but can be verified by cout <<
qPrintable(statusBar()->currentMessage()) << endl;

Removing statusBar()->insertItem(i18n("Ready."), statusMessage, 1);
and the showMessage works as expected. insertItem is supposed to be a
temporary text label allowing showMessage's

Looking at the source of KStatusBar for insertItem &
insertPermanentItem they use QStatusBar addWidget & addPermanentWidget
... which seems logical ....

Am I barking up the wrong tree here or is the a QT4 anomaly ?

Cheers (so green)

Dave s

--

The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity.

-- C.A.R. Hoare