List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: Idea for saving power on laptops
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2007-05-18 22:40:43

On Friday 18 May 2007, Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> The result is not that much but certainly measurable. My battery has a full
> capacity of 37190 mW. Using the patch would give me 5.38 minutes more
> battery life over about 2.3 hours.

So, on the dead-wrong assumption that the OS doesn't know that an app is
minimized, and because you won't just bookmark a bunch of pages or even
kill -STOP an application, and basically insist on running your laptop under
the same load no matter if it's plugged it or not, you want to introduce yet
another option to a menu which already has 9 (not counting the submenus),
which can very easily be misused and lead to broken behavior (hello bug
reports), which will be hard to document, hard to test and get right, just to
save about 4% of battery life ?

--
Guillaume.
http://telegraph-road.org